FCSN is attending this event to the Summit of Bannerman Island. All are welcome to join us. Here is the info on it:
Here's a chance to visit mysterious and historic Bannerman Island on the Hudson River in the evening, with a guided tour and a hike to the summit! The boat for these tours, the Estuary Steward, departs from the waterfront in Beacon, New York, adjacent to the Metro-North train station. These tours will likely sell out in advance. For reservations, click the ticket link.
- A scenic cruise on the Hudson River to and from the Island.
- A guided walking tour of Bannerman Island where you'll learn about the Island, the work being done on it, and its storied past; including areas previously not accessible to the public.
- A mini-hike to the summit, over the newly reconstructed bridge that spans over a ravine on the Island.
- Enjoy walking among the many gardens that are maintained around the Island.
- Entry into to the newly-opened Bannerman family residence.
- Multiple photo opportunities in one of the most picturesque settings in the Hudson Valley.
Last year alone, more than 9,000 people visited the Island! The 2018 Touring & Event Season will feature walking tours, hikes, live music and theatrical performances, movie nights, photography workshops, campouts, kayaking trips, night cruises, picnics, a dinner and more! The season runs from May through October 2018, departing during weekends from Beacon and Newburgh, New York. For more information and to make reservations for upcoming trips to the Island, visit:BannermanCastle.org.
Here is the link to purchase tickets:
If you have questions email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org